Saturday, March 5, 2016

Mark Frost Comes Concern Trolling

Unfortunately The Chronicle is not published on-line so I can't link to Mark's forays into concern trollery. Right. I almost forgot. First, say something nice. I love 99+% of The Chronicle. It's a weekly with great articles on local happenings and what to do and lots of ads for area businesses and is everything a weekly paper should be. There. That's out of the way.

I like Mark Frost and am a bit concerned about his mental state, though. He seems to be getting as loony as Matt Funiciello. Maybe he's eating that Rock Hill Bread and there's something in the ingredients that leads to delusions.

"To get back to the warning that I received. You may take it with however many grains of salt that you wish. That the brown acid seeded rye that is circulating around us isn't too good. It is suggested that you stay away from that. Of course it's your own trip. So be my guest, but please be advised that there is a warning on that one, ok?"

The March 3rd edition in his Inside Scoop contains the suggestion that Hillary Clinton should pick John Kasich as a running mate. This is due to the fact that "she denounces Donald Trump Drumpf (editorial correction) as a divider and depicts herself as the Uniter in Chief." I have to ask myself has Clinton ever depicted herself as the "Uniter in Chief." The reason is that Mark Frost has a tendency to engage in mostly strawman arguments.  

I'm mostly just posting this for the record. I expect to see this sort of thinking in 9 year olds. Kids believe all kinds of stupid shit. They might not realize that the vice presidency normally is not worth a bucket of warm piss. OTOH, if the president is incapacitated, the VEEP gets a big promotion. One that would not set well with many of us who voted to elect a Democrat as president. Then, there's that oddball tradition where Kasich would have the opportunity to break ties in the Senate. As a Democrat, I gotta say I would not be real comfortable with that notion. 

I should point out here as well that Mark did not call on The Drumpf to pick a Democrat as his running mate despite his depicting himself as a Uniter. 

"Believe it or not, I'm a unifier," Trump offered during a raucous rally Friday in suburban Detroit. "We are going to unify our country."




No comments:

Post a Comment