Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Talk From Josh Marshall

I haven't really focused on the presidential end of the election much at this point and don't know if I will. First, I may be overconfident, but I do believe that Hillary is not going to have a huge problem beating Donald Trump. Here's Marshall with a piece that strengthens my belief. Among many reasons I see Hillary as stronger is her cast of supporters: Obama, Big Bill Himself, Biden, Gore maybe. These guys are goinng to be out campaigning for her while Dubya, unfortunately, sits in his Houston apartment painting pictures of his toes and Cheney is off in his torture chamber tormenting hitchhikers who have been procured for that purpose. I presume on that last part.

I live in NY State and blog mostly local now. There are a number of people who focus on the national politics and are phenomenal. Never miss a day of Charles Pierce. Living in NY, I can be assured that my state is solidly in the Hillary column from the start. In fact, that leaves me free from worry over Chuck Schumer retaining his Senate seat, as well. He's running against Wendy Long who ran and lost to Kirsten Gillibrand last time around.

What does concern me however is my representative in the house. Elise Stefanik claimed that honor in 2014 in a race against Aaron Woolf and Matt Funiciello. That is a race that is in doubt, we can at least hope. Mike Derrick will be the Democrats' champion in the 2016 election. The 5 to 10% that I expect Funiciello to receive is possibly the margin that will be needed to flip that seat over to the forces of righteousness (that's us).

No comments:

Post a Comment