Wednesday, June 29, 2016

This Election Season Cannot Possibly Get Better

But, I can still hope. Thank you, Josh Marshall.

Yesterday, Caitlin MacNeal reported that Donald Trump had been bombarding MPs from the United Kingdom with fundraising emails asking for money to fund his campaign against "Crooked Hillary." Then last night I reported that Trump and his sons have been upping the ante and sending emails to every member of the parliament of Iceland also asking for money.

I got dibs on the word "spampaign." Portmanteaus are so cool.

UPDATE: I'm so glad Josh Marshall is following this. I've yet to see it reported elsewhere.

Two watchdog groups, the Campaign Legal Center and Democracy 21, said they will file Wednesday a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, arguing that the Donald Trump campaign has broken federal law by sending fundraising emails to foreign elected officials.

The old saw is that ignorance, of the law or otherwise, is not an excuse. We'll see. 

2 comments:

  1. "spampaign" I like it.

    Seeking funds from foreign politicians and governments is illegal. And the Trumper calls Hillary "crooked?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see him raising a lot of money that way anyhow. Even the right-wing whackadoodles in Europe don't like him.

    ReplyDelete