Thursday, June 9, 2016

Reading is Still Fundamental

Unless you make your own reality as Greens do. I linked to this story at the PS previously but I want to highlight a few comments. So here's commenter rdc:

Elise Stefanik doesn't need his help.

Mike Derrick could use an endorsement, though.

It's kind of a short comment so maybe it could be open to interpretation. Mine is that rdc is saying that Matt Funiciello is helping Elise Stefanik to win re-election by being in the race. Note that he doesn't say anything to MF about dropping out. Here's a line from the PS op-ed:

And while we are not yet ready to endorse any candidate for Congress, Funiciello is not a fringe candidate.

It sounds to me like that's what rdc is referring to in his second sentence. In any case, here's MF's response to rdc. 

She will have no help from me. Please try to find out why your "Democratic" candidate is even running in this race before you try to guilt me into endorsing him. That will NEVER happen. I cannot and will not ever endorse war, economic inequality, mass incarceration, domestic spying and corporate welfare among so many other things Democrats do that are reprehensible and illegal and immoral. Please ask your party to stop wasting our time running lackluster placeholder candidates in our CD.

And this is where I question either MF's sanity or my own. How many things are wrong with just this short comment?

She will have no help from me.

That's a defensible statement. He may or may not be helping ES by being in the race. It goes rapidly downhill after that.

Please try to find out why your "Democratic" candidate is even running in this race before you try to guilt me into endorsing him. 

Not sure why Democratic is in scare quotes. Mike Derrick was formerly a Republican. I believe in redemption, maybe Matt doesn't. But, is the guy trying to guilt him into endorsing MD? I don't see it. Maybe that explains how he can believe an airplane didn't hit the Pentagon. 

That will NEVER happen.

Please don't shout. I'm in the library.

I cannot and will not ever endorse war, economic inequality, mass incarceration, domestic spying and corporate welfare among so many other things Democrats do that are reprehensible and illegal and immoral. 

I hadn't heard of any Democrat actually endorsing those things. I am glad that Matthew Pureheart does not endorse them, though. NEVER.

Please ask your party to stop wasting our time running lackluster placeholder candidates in our CD.

But what I really wanted to point out was this particular assholishness. Matt, the Democratic Party has as much right to run a candidate for election as the Green PseudoParty. And really? The name-calling again? Almost forgot my comment. It's the cherry on top of the post.

rdc will have to answer for himself, but I believe it was the Post Star's endorsement he was referring to, not yours. I could be wrong.

I believe it's up to the voters in the district to decide whether Mike Derrick is a " lackluster placeholder candidate." In the meantime, speaking for those of us in the blue jerseys, I hope you don't mind if we field a candidate.


No comments:

Post a Comment