Thursday, May 19, 2016

Where's Garland on the List?

So, Donald Trump released his Supreme's wish list. I'm really grateful for the introduction to the twitter stylings of Don Willett.

"We'll rebuild the Death Star. It'll be amazing, believe me. And the rebels will pay for it. —Darth Trump,” Willett posted on April 7, along with a photo of the “Stars Wars” space station.

And,

“Who would the Donald

Name to #SCOTUS? The mind reels.

*weeps—can't finish tweet*” 

And,

“Low-energy Trump University has never made it to #MarchMadness. Or even to the #NIT. Sad! ??” Willett wrote on March 15.

I wish I was that funny. What the release of the list brings to mind for me is, what the fuck is going on with the Merritt Garland nomination? In researching this, just a bit, I came across Congresswoman Esty's attempt to hold the Senate's feet to the fire. Bless her heart. 

Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty (CT-5) today announced she will introduce the Senate’s Court Obligations Trump Unconstitutional Stalling (SCOTUS) Act. This bill is designed keep Congress in session if the Senate does not consider President Obama’s nomination of Chief Judge Merrick Garland to fill the late Antonin Scalia’s seat on the United States Supreme Court within 125 days.

Is there an element of trolling? Of course, and a beautiful bit of trolling it is. It's also a beautiful bit of legislation and I'm off to encourage my congresswoman to vote in favor of it. Make 'em do their job, Elise!

Congresswoman Esty has introduced legislation known as Senate’s Court Obligations Trump Unconstitutional Stalling (SCOTUS) Act. I would certainly love to see you get behind that, Congresswoman Stefanik. I can't really see a reason that the Senate is allowed to quit doing its job during election years. Thanking you in advance for doing the right thing. I do note that Judge Garland is not among Mr. Trump's choices.

3 comments:

  1. What? He didn't nominate Judge Judy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She would've made fun of him, too. I love the lists of possible VEEPs that include people who have already said they won't take the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadn't been around the internet to see that Dr. Ben got the ax for that.

    ReplyDelete