Friday, May 6, 2016

Frost on the Gibson Abandonment

Mark Frost in his most recent issue of The Chronicle has an encomium to Chris Gibson. I have no problem with that. There are probably issues where I would find agreement with Gibson and he's in no way as loony as many Republicans. And Frost can sing praises for whomever he likes and besides, he's willing to run my letters. So, Mark is running him for president, if he could. So, 90+% of the column I have no issue with.

But, smack dab in the middle of it for no reason:

I'm sickened when I read some of the obsequious divulged e-mails by which some of Mrs. Clinton's aides seek her favors, like she's the Queen. 

And that's pretty much it. It's just a nasty dig for no reason I can see other than to say Gibson is the salt of the Earth and doesn't want to be treated like royalty, I guess. It just seems nasty, though. In all fairness, I will point out that Frost did endorse Clinton against Lazio when they both ran for the Senate.

Frost and Funiciello both, IMHO, need someone to look at the things they write and say. A no-man who would advise caution. No, I'm not available. I just picked up a bunch of perennials and a spice bush that have to go in the ground. The taters need plantin', too.

No comments:

Post a Comment