Friday, August 17, 2012

Thank You David Simon

I promise if I ever spring for cable TV I will start watching your shows. In the meantime thank you for saying what was going through my mind, but saying it all so much better.

Mitt Romney paid taxes at a rate of at least 13 percent. And he’s proud to say so.

Can we stand back and pause a short minute to take in the spectacle of a man who wants to be President of The United States, who wants us to seriously regard him as a paragon of the American civic ideal, declaiming proudly and in public that he has paid his taxes at a third of the rate normally associated with gentlemen of his economic benefit.

Well this part I've been saying for years.

This republic is just about over, isn’t it?

And I'm afraid it is. Nice while it lasted.





1 comment:

  1. We're done man. I was golfing today and the rich insurance guy was with in my group. He was bitching about welfare and social security. I told him we had to be sure children were taken care of. He said he didn't make them and it wasn't his problem. I told him I was my brother's keeper. Love playing the religious card on them. Then he said he'd take care of them. He proceeded to hit his next shot in the lake and took a 9 on the hole. Two holes later he was bitching about his tax rate. He didn't learn.

    ReplyDelete