Saturday, March 25, 2017

Letter On the Bring Out Your Dead Bill

   So, going from the sublime to the ridiculous and beyond. I spent last Monday through Friday as a guest in Glens Falls Hospital. I met so many people working there that I can't begin to praise enough because I'd miss so many. I hope this letter helps to make up for my inability to find and thank each one. From janitorial and food service to nurses to doctors there was no one who is not pure gold. For the nurses, that's double. I'd like to also express gratitude to Barack Obama and Congressional Democrats for passage of ACA. Healing is easier without thoughts of impending financial ruin.
     I'd like to thank our current reigning party, as well, for the buffoonery on Thursday and Friday. Laughter is the best medicine. I keep hearing that ACA is a disaster, despite CBO saying markets are stable. It may just be Republican attempts at governing that are disastrous. What are they planning for the eighth anniversary of the signing of ACA? This year's EPIC FAIL will be hard to top. "We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with the winning." Don't stop yet.
     Rep. Stefanik got out of casting a vote and is able to stay on record as "undecided." The bill they were trying to pass did away with the requirement for policies to cover maternity and hospitalization in general, along with giving tax breaks to people who don't need tax breaks. Beyond the question of what a health policy should cover to meet Republican expectations is; how inhumane and immoral does legislation have to be to get a hell no from our rep? Congresswoman, are you a freaking lizard person? 

Actually, this letter was submitted without the last sentence. It came across as nastier than I want to be.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better and are on the mend. Hospital stays are not fun, but thank goodness you didn't have to worry about being bankrupt. 2015 was not a good year for me, health-wise, but I, too, was fortunate to have had health insurance to cover the disaster. I don't understand people who spend their life fighting against a countrywide insurance plan that keeps people from losing everything they've worked for all their lives if they become sick.

    I could never be part of a political party that put together a health plan that guaranteed that people would suffer because they got sick.

    Stay well, my friend. Glad you're back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Shaw. I'm feeling good now after a little scare. Nurses are absolute saints. I don't know how they do the job they do. Everyone I met in the hospital was so fantastic as I said in the letter. I hope you and your husband are mending well, too.

    I could never be part of a political party that put together a health plan that guaranteed that people would suffer because they got sick.

    Yeah, I just can't understand how a person in Congress is unable to say hell no I'm not voting to enable health policies to be written that don't even cover maternal care or hospitalization.

    ReplyDelete