Just want to comment on your gift of the $30,000 to Rep. Stefanik of NY. Your giving her this money to influence her to fight a policy proposed by the president of her party whom she strongly supported in the election of 2016? Have I got that right? I know how Alice felt now. You do know that Hillary Clinton would not be putting 20% tariffs on gods from Mexico?
Mostly just to annoy them.
Here's the backstory.
Members of the new Americans for Affordable Products coalition, formed to oppose a border adjustment tax, contributed $30,000 to the re-election campaign of U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-Willsboro, according to Federal Election Commission records.
Yes, $30,000. That's impressive. Can I assume they are only contributing to goopers? For comparison:
- National Apparel and Footwear Association -- $2,000
- Autocare Association -- $1,000
- Best Buy -- $500
- Consumer Technology Association -- $5,000
- Food Marketing Association -- $2,000
- Retail Industry Leaders Association -- $1,000
- Rite Aid -- $4,000
- Target -- $3,000
- Wal-Mart -- $7,000
- National Retail Federation -- $4,500
I didn't add it up, but I don't believe there's $30,000 total there. I think we have a swamp here in the Adirondack region that needs draining.