Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Thank God I'm a Methodist

And a country boy. I didn't realize that Presbyterians were batshit insane. Seventh Day Adventists maybe. Just kidding to both just in case your brand of religion is the True One. I generally haven't put much up on the campaign because there are still 373 or so shopping days until the election.

“I’m Presbyterian. I’m Presbyterian. Boy, that’s down the middle of the road folks, in all fairness. I mean, Seventh-day Adventist, I don’t know about. I just don’t know about,” said Trump.

That sounds like an attempt to define Carson’s religion as occupying one of the road’s edges.

But, of course, the real reason I put this up is because The Donald continues to remind me of The Matt.

On CBS's “Face the Nation” on Sunday, he agreed with interviewer John Dickerson’s formulation that his words were an expression of ignorance, not a raising of questions.

“Well, it’s a harsh way of putting it, but perhaps I could say it that way, yes,” said Trump.

If Trump would like to educate himself on the history and practices of Adventists, The Washington Post has a pretty good summary. It’s a Christian religion founded in America that holds services on Saturday and generally interprets the Bible literally.  

Both conspiracy theorists who don't try very hard to come up with Answers to their Questions.

But lack of education is probably not Trump’s problem here. That could be solved with 30 seconds, a smartphone, and a Chrome search in the car on the way to a private jet. 

That's right. It's an ad hom attack. Another thing the conspiracy boys have in common.

Trump used the same “raising questions” approach to his past discussions of the discredited notion that President Obama was born in Kenya. It’s a tool in his political kit bag.

Yes, just raising questions. Nothing wrong with that. In Matt's conversation with Robert Schulz he seemed Birther friendly. I believe that he just saw it as a convenient way to get the "corporate puppet" out of the White House. On 9/11 Truth, he's all in, though.

So by questioning Carson’s religion, Trump may be trying to goad Carson into a response. That might work. Or Trump might discover that Carson takes seriously the Bible’s words about turning the other cheek.

Sweet Jesus, don't make me get all sympathetic toward Ben Carson. 

Link to Post Star piece where MF is concern trolling the Democrats. Stow the advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment