Monday, May 1, 2017

Comments From Climate Change Article

Just want to make sure my comments don't get lost.

I was there, so I guess I'm one of "these types" that don't pick up their litter. I carried a sandwich with me (PB and home preserved elderberry J) in a tupperware container. I had water in a insulated container from FSO (which I highly recommend). I also use a refillable coffee mug from Cool Beans and canvas shopping bags from various sources. I try to live in such a way that I don't have a lot of litter to strew about the planet. Didn't see anyone else doing so either. Maybe those types are on the other end of the political spectrum. 

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Resist!

******************************************************

Myself, I believe the sun is more of an influence on climate change than man, and that the sun is entering a calm or quiet period, that usually brings a cooling on the earth. So I'm expecting it to get colder going forward, and IF man can cause it to get warmer thru his actions to offset this cooling, great, I wouldn't fight it. 

Do you have a reason for believing that?

******************************************************

In the early 20th century, we were perilously close to extinction because all life on earth dies at 150ppm. More carbon dioxide means more life, whether it's 2 degrees colder or 2 degrees warmer.

I couldn't find any source that said we were close to extinction because CO2 was so low in the early 20th century. There's a chart at this link. And no I don't believe the more the better

While it is true that plants photosynthesize, and therefore take up carbon dioxide as a way of forming energy with the help of the sun and water, this gas is both a direct pollutant (think acidification of oceans) and more importantly is linked to the greenhouse effect. When heat energy gets released from Earth's surface, some of that radiation is trapped by greenhouse gases like CO2; the effect is what makes our planet comfy temperature-wise, but too much and you get global warming.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like we're both good environmentalists; not only were we both at our local Climate Marches, we both recycle our comments to make blog posts. Speaking of which, "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Resist!" is a great tag line. I'm stealing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that in an article on the march in Washington. Someone had it on their sign. There were some really fantastic signs. And you know, I don't think there were any misspellings. No morans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to make a sign for the Climate March reading "Look at all the correctly spelled signs!" I think I saw one like that at the March for Science.

      Delete
  3. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :mrhamdnloanoffer@gmail.com
    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:
    Contact Us At :mrhamdnloanoffer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete