Friday, September 23, 2016

Response to Stefanik Supporter

Another instance of the post title saying it all:

     I'd like to join Ms. Ramant and Mr. Derrick in condemning the remarks made by a Derrick supporter about Congresswoman Stefanik. Mr. Derrick stated, "My campaign does not condone any language that disparages women." Don't know what's "weak and phony" about that. Alright, the comments were deplorable, too.
     Here's what Megyn Kelly said about Donald Trump, "You've called women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals." On Carly Fiorina, he said, "Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that?" This is necessarily a small sample. Can you imagine what he's said about Ms. Clinton in private?
     In public he's said, "I think her bodyguards should drop all weapons. I think they should disarm. Let's see what happens to her. Take their guns away. It'll be very dangerous." And, "If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people - maybe there is."
     I've never heard words of contrition from Donald Trump over misogynistic comments, assassination fantasies or for seven and a half years of Birtherism. Ms. Stefanik is supporting him without a discouraging word. Won't Ms. Ramant and her candidate join me in denouncing the hideousness of Donald Trump?

In my new kinder and gentler mode, I'm not even going to use the Humorless Harpies of Hate label, mostly because she wasn't one. Another step toward sainthood.

UPDATED: Sainthood will have to wait. I'm going to upgrade Ms. Ramant to triple H status. Upon re-reading her letter I rediscover this line:

Should Derrick be allowed to let this slip through the cracks with his latent position of these words that were said at his own event with a weak, phony “apology?” Man up Derrick!

That is certainly adequately humorless, harpyish and hate-filled. Congratulations Kathi Ramant!

No comments:

Post a Comment