Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Brave, Brave Sir Robert

Bob Lonsberry is a right winger I encountered during my stay in the Western part of our fair most excellent state. So, here's BL on fighting ISIS. He's locked and loaded, as you can imagine, if you'd made the mistake of reading very much of him.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

What are you going to do?

When ISIS brings its gutter religion to you, and wants to sacrifice you as an offering to its god of hate, what are you going to do?

Do you run and die or stand and fight?

As far as I know he is not a parody.

I’d recommend a little courage and the Second Amendment as your terrorism-defense plan.

Where you legally can, carry a gun. In too many parts of America, Democrat policies make it illegal to carry a concealed firearm – make it illegal to defend yourself. But where you can carry, do.

That won’t be for everyone. But it will be for some. And that some might be enough.

Maybe enough to save your spouse or children, or the innocent people around you. Maybe enough to buy time for others to escape to safety or law enforcement to come like the cavalry over the hill.

You might still die.

But you won’t die easy and you won’t die alone.

To quote the t-shirt: Keep Calm and Return Fire.

I'm a little disappointed because when I first went and looked at this posting, he had a poll up asking if his readers were afeared of ISIS. And 85% of these brave souls were indeed cowering under their beds. 

Because the last thing any attacker wants or expects is a counterattack. When the bad guy pops up and starts shouting his Arabic slogans, that’s when you want to be taking up a sight picture. Let the second shot be yours.

And be prepared to fire it effectively.

Make basic marksmanship a part of your life. Make the accurate use of your firearm a personal and ongoing goal. Invest the time and ammunition to be competent. Start with center mass, and advance to center face.

And where you can legally do so, always have arms and ammunition at hand. Be part of the invisible army that the Founders called the militia. Look like one more mom or dad, but be the protector of your family and your country that you were born to be.

I really can't imagine why Rochester would be high on the hit list for ISIS. But, just in case it is here's a little something that the supposedly faithful Christians reading BL might have forgotten from the Good Book. 

1 
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
        
he leadeth me beside the still waters. 
3 
He restoreth my soul:
        
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness 
for his name's sake.
4 
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the 
shadow of death,
        
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence 
of mine enemies:
        
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the 
days of my life:
   
     
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


Please. You people are not living in the "valley
of the shadow of death." The people in Paris aren't
as scared as you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment