Thursday, February 23, 2017

In Defense of the Castle

Among the many things I don't know much about is guns. It doesn't stop me from being happy to see this. I have no problem with guns for hunting or defending one's home or plinking tin cans.

"For a law-abiding citizen who, for whatever reason, chooses to protect his home with a semi-automatic rifle instead of a semi-automatic handgun, Maryland's law clearly imposes a significant burden on the exercise of the right to arm oneself at home,” wrote Judge William Traxler in a dissent, calling for a stringent review of the decision. 

I don't live in an area where I feel a great need to keep a loaded weapon at the ready. If I did however, an assault rifle wouldn't be my first choice. I'm thinking shotgun. Why bother having to aim? Word of warning to all reading this. I do have an impressive collection of chef's knives and know how to use those.


No comments:

Post a Comment