Tuesday, December 13, 2016

OK, So I'm Speaking Up

My congresswoman recently gave an interview to an upstate paper. She had a habit of running away during the campaign when asked any tough questions. So, I'll submit mine in the form of a letter to the editor.

    I'm responding to the interview of Congresswoman Stefanik by the Watertown Daily Times. I agree that General James Mattis may be a good choice for Secretary of Defense. Reportedly, he has convinced President-elect Trump that torture is not an effective means of obtaining information. That's certainly to his credit. There is the issue of his requiring a waiver of the National Security Act to be confirmed, though. A better option might be his becoming National Security Adviser where he wouldn't need Senate approval.
    
   I wish Mr. Block had asked about Mike Flynn who is currently slotted for that role. This man has tweeted: "U decide - NYPD Blows Whistle on New Hillary Emails: Money Laundering, Sex Crimes w Children, etc...MUST READ!" Recently a gunman fired off a round as he was "investigating" a pizzeria linked to this nonsense. Mr. Flynn also supports fake news in Moscow. Last year, he sat next to Vladimir Putin at a celebration for Russia Today. That's a propaganda arm of the Kremlin.

     I'd like to know if Ms. Stefanik feels this man has the necessary judgment to advise the president on national security issues. I can't see that he has respect for truth or journalism in any country. As an independent voice in Congress, I'd like to see her working to overturn this selection. The district she represents is not one that is approving of conspiracy theorists or supporters of propaganda outlets for the president of Russia.

I'm looking forward to the first person I get to ask the question: "What would you if it was equally obvious that the Russians had helped Hillary to win?"

No comments:

Post a Comment