Thursday, August 4, 2016

Quote of the Day:Donald Trump

Surprisingly, Trump is making his first appearance in this somewhat regular feature. I didn't remember this beauty.

“Sure, I got deferments. But — excuse me, Chuck, let me finish. Would you really want a president who was dumb enough to let himself get drafted? I mean, it wasn’t hard to get out of it, believe me. My doctor said I had a bump on my heel or something, I don’t know. I don’t even think he was a doctor, frankly. The government is just very, very stupid, OK? Which is why only I can fix it.”

Well, enjoy that Purple Heart.

UPDATE: Apparently, this was not a true quote, but a hoax. My apologies for besmirching the reputation of Donald Trump. 

2 comments:

  1. One of my commenters pointed out that this is actually from a satire (the top line of the article says it's from a history of the election written in 2022). It certainly fooled me. With Trump, it can be hard to tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know that Infidel. I'm currently wiping the egg off my face. I haven't posted on his suggestion to the NRA folks yesterday. I'll keep my powder dry there (as it were).

    ReplyDelete