Sunday, March 1, 2015

Post Star Letters - Edward Binder Edition

I agree with Mr. Binder that the Post Star should not censor letters, as long as they fall within certain parameters anyway. I love to read all the letters, even his. I don't share his opinion on my buddy Al, but I'll let him take that up with Edward.

Katherine Verbeck-Lobban, if any letters are to be censored as you suggested, I think it should be yours, not Mr. Hepp’s. He at least presents facts and points for discussion. Your letter seems to only insist that his should be censored because you don’t agree with his understanding of the USA’s current condition. Fortunately, The Post-Star editors understand the concept of the First Amendment and do print letters that not everyone agrees with, and to their credit, I am sure they will continue to do so in the future.

I knew Mr. Hepp’s letter would get under Mr. Scoonzarielli’s skin and he would present the same old, tired, half-true Democrat talking points which he has so often done in the past. Mr. Scoonzarielli, you are so predictable. You must just copy the talking points from one letter to the next without thought or concern for their truthfulness. Even the vice president said (recently on TV) the middle class is in worse condition now than in the past 40 years: “They have gotten hammered.” Their income has been flat or has lost about $3,000 to $4,000 annually.

I do agree with most of Mr. Hepp’s statements, since they can be proved by looking at the national statistics.

I am glad to see that he went through and fact-checked Mr. Hepp's statements. I'll just point out that my investments, both taxable and retirement are in a much better place than they were when Dubya hit the dusty trail back to Texas. When he left, they were in that oval, porcelain bowl in the bathroom.

1 comment: