I had my Gilded Age/Progressive Era students write a response paper to 1913
film The Cost of Carelessness, which is pioneering in a bunch of ways. It’s
p...
Once this post goes up, the link will be in the sidebar under Featuring –
so it will be easy to find if it’s pushed off the front page. ⚾ Chicago
White S...
*As the year winds down, I remember this past June and the wonderful times
Boston and the Scots in Kilts had while visiting our city for the World
Cu...
I got off to a late start today and have hurricanes on my mind, so I'm
sharing PBS Terra asking This Hurricane Should NEVER Have Happened… So How
Did It?
...
Various interesting stuff I ran across on the net over the last week.
Three weeks to Halloween!
o o o o o
Wheee! A swing!
Sic semper predatoris.
This ...
Fri, 10/09/2026 - 3:34pm
*Whoa. This is a very big deal here* in the Wolverine State for a lot of
reasons, both economic and political. Via the Detroit Fre...
The *Cornell Daily Sun*, the student newspaper at Cornell University,
published an article on February 1, 2016, that said, "A female student
reported she w...
I didn't see that many films in 2025, but if nothing else, the Oscars are a
good way to get viewing recommendations. I also always enjoy seeing people
who ...
red states forgot most of them receive more federal aid than they send
‘Very obviously Donald Trump’s fault’: Red states feel the pain of Trump’s
heedles...
Trump has made his repeated promise to deport 20,000,000 minorities and
foreigners a central feature of his campaign. What does Trump intend to do
wi...
This blog, co-written by Peter Marino and Lale Davidson, is a work of
fiction. Rep. Stefanik did not cooperate in its creation. Thank you for
inviting me t...
Senior Republicans announced this week that they will set aside any future
funding for the National Institutes of Health until an agreement can be
reache...
*...is carefully preparing to deep-six Mike Pence.* Pretty sure that IC and
FBI are determined to wipe the entire Trumpsky administration from the face
of ...
In the continuing saga of the Alex Jones custody trial that Pat touched
upon earlier, the issue of Mr. Jones's mental disorders was brought up. Now
my admi...
You're quite welcome!
ReplyDelete(Yeah, I admit it: I was ego-surfing.)