Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's A Brand New Day


I had three pieces of limestone on my desk, but I was terrified to find that they required to be dusted daily, when the furniture of my mind was all undusted still, and threw them out the window in disgust. –Thoreau (Walden)

This blog is resting on the ashes of Deranged Leftwing Baker. Long live Hometown USA. This blog is to be apolitical. I tried to turn DLB back in that direction. Things get out of control, though. And when they do, a good immolation is in order. Thanks to all those at American Nihilist, Reppy, Truth, Bio and Octo who provided comradeship in the struggle to destroy all that is sacred and good about the United States. Keep up the good fight. If I see the welcome mat out, I’ll try to stop by now and then.

Thanks to Donald Douglas at American Power who provides a stunning example of the psychosis that can infect those who take blogging too seriously and think it actually makes a difference. I don’t want to stick around to see him finally snap. Don’t think it will be pretty.

Special thanks to Repsac for allowing me to be part of the American Nihilist scene for a short while. It was a fun sojourn. I don’t expect to post here much due to terminal laziness. But, maybe now and then.



No comments:

Post a Comment