Thursday, June 14, 2018

Ratigan Letter


In response to    

I have a number of friends who never vote because they believe democracy is dead. And, if it is, not voting is precisely the reason. If you think there is a problem with the system, remember you are the system. There is a democratic primary election Tuesday, June 26 to choose who will be a candidate to represent us in Congress. All candidates appear to be an improvement over what we now have. But, Dylan Ratigan clearly stands out. One issue in particular brings Ratigan to the front, his stand on seriously addressing how money has corrupted our democracy. Take a close look at the cast of characters and you will choose Ratigan.

This:

I'd like to respond to Frederick Sistarenick's endorsement of Dylan Ratigan. He says, "I have a number of friends who never vote because they believe democracy is dead." I admire his effort to engage people and urge them to be involved in the electoral process, particularly in favor of Democrats. It seems ironic that he is supporting a candidate who has purportedly never voted. I cast my first vote at 19 for Jimmy Carter in 1976. He kept us out of senseless wars while I served. See what voting can do for you.

There's a strong effort by Republicans to disenfranchise some folks now. It's especially aimed at those of a darker hue than Mr. Ratigan and I. It's incumbent upon him to tell us how concerned he is about protecting this right since he's not exercising his own. He and I may not have much to worry about. Some do.

Mr. Sistarenick says, "Take a close look at the cast of characters and you will choose Ratigan." I was at the Moreau Community Center forum. He wasn't. I chose Tedra Cobb. She's been elected to office and presumably exercises her right to vote. I'll take governing experience over television experience. The latter hasn't served us well in the White House, at least in the eyes of us who are not drinking Kool-Aid. Maybe there's a legislative job in the Saranac area that Mr. Ratigan could run for. He might get some valuable training.

No comments:

Post a Comment