Thursday, March 31, 2016

Concern Trolling the Letters Section

     I've been reading and enjoying the letters in support of Donald Trump. My understanding is that many of his backers do so because they've been lied to by Republican politicians who promised stuff like "repealing and replacing Obamacare," in 2014. It's pretty likely they knew they couldn't do that, yet they led people on. How deceitful. I empathize. There were unfulfilled changes I would love to have seen completed under President Obama. I recently saw that Congresswoman Stefanik gave him a 4 out of 10 rating. Unfortunately, she didn’t grade her former boss.
     I'd like you to go online and search "76 Trump campaign promises" (no, not 76 trombones!). Please, write and tell me how many of those you expect him to accomplish. He's not going to build that wall, let alone make Mexico pay for it. He's not going to deport 11 million people, nor stop Muslims from immigrating. He's not going to replace Obamacare with something that is "terrific" or "be the greatest jobs president God ever created." Campaign hyperbole has limits.
     On a related topic; when feeling masochistic, I listen to right wing radio. I'd like to give regular listeners some advice. The best time to invest in gold, is never. In fact, when those hosts suggest any product to you, keep your wallet buried deeply in your pocket.
     Don't let me discourage you from writing, even though there is a zero per cent chance of Mr. Trump winning New York State. I realize someone may tell you he can because he's a New Yorker, or some such. Take it from your liberal pal. We’re one of the yellowest dogs in the Union.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment