Saturday, August 14, 2010

Obama Says, “Piss Off, Xenophobes!”

Close enough, anyway.

"As a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country," Obama said, weighing in for the first time on a controversy that has riven New York City and the nation.

"That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances," he said. "This is America, and our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakable."

Good for him. And in a spirit of bi-partisanship, I actually think either of the Bushes or Reagan would have said essentially the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. That's the trouble with riding the bus. Twice I've had Jehovah's Witnesses come up to me and start in. I have a yin/yang symbol on my back pack, though. So I just tell them that I'm a Taoist and they go away.

    ReplyDelete